Paul contacted us to design and build a multilingual online shop for his range of chemotherapy headscarves and hats. The website needed to be available in English and French and we got the website ranking on google.co.uk and google.fr. There were issues with the client’s current website that needed to be addressed for him to improve the online visibility of his website.
- Duplicate meta titles and descriptions throughout the site
- Sitewide duplicate content issues (due to having one page per product variation)
- Duplicate h1 tags throughout the site, which the client had no control over
- Bad URL structure – there were uppercase, lowercase, duplicate hyphens and numbers in a lot of the URLs
- Social sharing buttons were added to the site (as images) but when clicked they did nothing
- The client reported that the E-Commerce payment processing was unreliable
- The content management system used to power the website was very limited
- The website experienced excessive periods of downtime from unreliable hosting
Search Engine Optimisation for pages and products
The on-page Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) issues were corrected by rewriting the content and porting over the customer’s product range to the new system. We added Google rich snippets to the product pages to change how these pages were shown in the search results. Since the website was launched we have seen an increase in click-through rates from the search results.
WordPress E-Commerce Website
The client wanted to keep the news section of his existing website so it was agreed that we would use the WordPress framework as this is one of the best blogging and content management systems currently in use.
The old website listed each product variation as its own page, which was causing duplicate content issues so I advised that we have one page per product and allow the visitor to choose their choice of colour from a single product page.
Get a Free Quote
Can we contact you for marketing purposes?